POLONNARUWA DAY EXCURSIONS
$95 per person
Polonnaruwa was the second ancient capital city of Sri Lanka, after the fall of the Anuradhapura Kingdom.This UNESCO World Heritage Site offers travellers an escape from modern civilizations and transports them to one of the oldest planned archaeological cities in the country. The city was made famous following the ‘Monkey Kingdom’ movie that was released displaying the wild inhabitants of the ancient city. While exploring this medieval town, make sure you visit the largest man-made rainwater reservoir known as Parakrama Samudraya, a 3.5m high statue of King Parakramabahu the Great, the Royal Palace and audience halls, the Potgul Vehara, Shiva Devale, the Lankatilaka and many other ancient monuments and structures.
8.30AM - 5.00PM
IncludedAC TransportAll TicketsRefreshmentsTour GuideTravel Insurance
Monkeys Conservation Project Polonnaruwa
Iconically dubbed as the Monkey Kingdom, following Disney’s movie of the primate, Polonnaruwa is home to the Monkey Conservation Project. This project aims to protect and conserve the population of monkeys in the country; guests are taken on an educational tour to observe monkeys in the forest and around the area.
Polonnaruwa Ancient City Tour
Escape the heat of exploring the ancient city of Polonnaruwa and head over to the Archaeological Museum. A modern museum next to the Parakrama Samudraya displays a collection of artefacts, artistic impressions of the historic monuments and significant relics from the ancient kingdom. Be fascinated as you learn about the rich history as you browse through the museum’s display of bronze statues, medical instruments and many more.
Cycling Tour In Ancient City Of Polonnaruwa (AM - Approx 05/06 H)
An exciting and fun way to explore the ruins of the ancient kingdom at your own pace is by cycling. Grab a bicycle, make your own paths and take your time learning and absorbing the rich history in the area.
- Children 4 Years +11 months and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This activity is subject to cancellation based on inclement weather. Activity can be rescheduled or the payment could be refunded.
- Activity schedule / time can be change due to weather and practical reasons.
- You can select Polonnaruwa ancient city tour either by A/C vehicle / tuk tuk or cycle on your own choice.
- If you are looking only for selected activities of the package please refer to our Experiential Tours or make an inquiry.
- Accommodation charges has not been included in the package and we would arrange accommodation facilities on your request and additional charges will be added.
- Within 24 hours prior to the scheduled starting time: 100% Cancellation Fee.
- No Shows – 100% Cancellation Fee.