RUSTIC SRI LANKA 11N | 12D
$2900 per person
Explore the real lifestyle of Sri Lanka
- Day 01: Airport / Negombo
- Day 02: Negombo / Anuradhapura
- Day 03: Anuradhapura / Sigiriya
- Day 04: Sigiriya / Kandy
- Day 05: Kandy / Heeloya Village / Kandy
- Day 06: Kandy / Haputale
- Day 07: Haputale / Ella / Wellawaya
- Day 08: Wellawaya / Yala
- Day 09 / 10 / 11: Yala / Thalpe
- Day 12: Thalpe / Airport
IncludedAC TransportAll TicketsBreakfastRefreshmentsTour GuideTravel Insurance
Day 01: Airport / Negombo - (Approx 30 M Drive)
On arrival to Bandaranaike International Airport You'll be warmly welcome by your own chauffeur guide and transfer to Negombo and check into hotel Jetwing sea and spend days resting and relaxing while enjoying hotel atmosphere.You can relax - refresh your body - mind & soul with traditional Sri Lankan Ayurvedic spa treatments. Evening you can either enjoy boat tour in muthurajawela marsh and Negombo lagoon or spend hours walking in beach, tasting sea foods and enjoying lifestyle of Negombo fishing village.Overnight stay at Jetwing sea, Bed & breakfast basis.
Day 02: Negombo / Anuradhapura (Approx 03 H 20 M Drive)
After the breakfast you will driven to Anuradhapura ancient kingdom of Sri Lanka, en-route enjoy rural setting - green nature, paddy fields, schooling children and many more stories of rural Sri Lanka, then check into Avasta resort and spa and spend couple of hours enjoying lunch at the lake and relaxing. Evening you can enjoy cycling tour in ancient kingdom of Anuradhapura, where you could explore ruins of ancient kingdom, and do not forget say “Hi” to monkeys who are busy with thousands of their own day to day activities.Overnight stay at Avasta resort and spa, on Half board
Day 03: Anuradhapura / Sigiriya (Arrox 01 H 30 M Drive)
After the breakfast you will driven to Hiriwadunna village and experience style of traditional Sri Lankan village while enjoying bullock cart ride, boat tour in the lake and taste traditional Sri Lankan lunch and learn how cook Sri Lankan foods in the village. Even you will driven to Minneriya national park, where you are lucky to see largest natural elephant gathering and lots of wildlife, birds, flora - fauna and rich biodiversity in the jungle next to you.Overnight stay at EKHO Sigiriya or local homestay, on bed & breakfast basis
Day 04: Sigiriya / Kandy (Approx 02 H Drive)
After the breakfast you will walk to ancient city of Sigiriya and climb the Sigiriya Rock Fortress which is considered as eighth wonder of the world and also a UNESCO world heritage site due to its unbelievable technology, water systems, literature, arts and many more. If you are not tired make your next step to either Pidurangala Rock where you can see nice green views and Sigiriya Rock Fortress or visit Ritigala monastery in the jungle where traditional Sri Lankan marcel arts “Angampora” is still alive with traditional lifestyle and ruins of four fathers.Evening you will proceed to kandy, en-route visit Dambulla cave temple another world heritage site, Dambulla is the largest and best-preserved cave temple complex in Sri Lanka. The rock towers 160 m over the surrounding plains.There are more than 80 documented caves in the surrounding area. Major attractions are spread over five caves, which contain statues and paintings.Overnight stay at Galkanda Walawwa or local homestay, on half board
Day 05: Kandy / Heeloya Village / Kandy (Approx 02 H 30 M Drive Up & Down)
After the breakfast you will driven to Heeloya village next to knuckles mountain range, the highest village in Sri Lanka still rich with own traditional lifestyle, agriculture based livelihood, honest smiling people, pristine nature, Sri Lankan cuisines and many more, you will be lucky spend few hours in village, walk in paddy fields, chena cultivations, natural species gardens, take your lunch with local people in a local house, and enjoy fresh green atmosphere around. After the lunch you will proceed to kandy town, the last kingdom of Sri Lanka during British colonial era, also a world heritage site. You can enjoy Kandy city tour including Temple of the tooth and museum,Kandy Lake, Upper lake ride, Gadaladeniya, Embekke, Lankathilaka, national museum of Kandy and cultural show.Overnight stay at Galkanda Walawwa or local homestay, on bed and breakfast basis
Day 06: Kandy / Haputale (Approx 05 H 20 M Journey)
After the breakfast you will driven to Kandy railway station for your scenic train journey to Haputale, you will be amazed with moving with friendly smiling local people, schooling kids, amazing nature, tea plantations, waterfalls, comfortable climate and rich biodiversity out of your window throughout the journey. Then check into Melheim hotel and spend rest of days resting-relaxing and enjoying atmosphere looking at beautiful views across south coast.Overnight stay at Melheim hotel, on half board
Day 07: Haputale / Ella / Wellawaya (Approx 01 H 30 M Drive)
Early in the morning, after the breakfast enjoy the most beautiful scenic tea plantation trekking to world famous Lipton seat where you could see shining tea plantations, vegetations, beautiful green views across south coast, local livelihood, small rural house of local people, smiling kids and do not forget to taste local tamil foods from “Saivar kade” in Haputale.Then you driven to Wellawaya, en-route spend couple of hours in Ella and Ravana falls. Check-into Hotel Jetwing Kaduruketha and spend rest of day resting and relaxing. Keep in mind Climate and natural setting of Wellawaya is totally different to Heeloya - Nanuoya - ohiya - Haputale or Ella. At night you will enger to takepart in night walk in nature spotting natural habitat of birds and wild animals around.Overnight stay at Jetwing Kaduruketha, on Half Board
Day 08: Wellawaya / Yala (Approx 01 H 10 M Drive)
After breakfast enjoy cycling tour to “Elle wala “, the secret waterfall through rural village and spend couple of hours relaxing your mind and soul in calm nature. You can also experience traditional village chena cultivation, pluck your own foods, grow plants, boat journey in Etili wewa, cook local foods with local lady, enjoy Sri Lankan village lunch and desert under a tree, Just simply become a farmer.Evening proceed to yala and spend overnight at camping site or tree house in the jungle, you will be lucky to enjoy your dinner in nature around fire camp under the stars.Overnight stay at Camping site or tree house, on half board
Day 09 / 10 / 11: Yala / Thalpe (Approx 03 H Drive)
After the early breakfast you will enjoy Yala wildlife safari, hope you will lucky enough to spot Leopards and many more wild animals, birds, amphibians, flora-fauna and biodiversity. Evening you will proceed to Thalpe, and spend days resting - relaxing on pristine beaches of Sri Lanka enjoying your own freedom.Overnight stay at a beach villa or local homestay, on bed & breakfast basis.
Day 12: Thalpe / Airport (Approx 02 H 20 M Drive)
You will be driven back to airport for your back with beautiful memories of rustic Sri Lanka.
- Assistance at the airport
- Airport pick up
- Air conditioned private luxury vehicle
- English speaking chauffeur guide
- Accommodation on HB and BB basis as mentioned in itinerary
- One hour traditional ayurvedic spa and massage on day 01
- Cycling tour in ancient kingdom of Anuradhapura
- Lunch at lake on day 02 at Anuradhapura
- Hiriwadunna village tour
- Wildlife Safari to Minneriya national park and entrance tickets
- Day excursion to ancient kingdom of sigiriya
- Entrance ticket to Sigiriya rock fortress
- Entrance ticket of Dambulla cave temple
- Heeloya village tour and lunch
- Kandy city tour
- Entrance ticket at Temple of tooth relic
- Entrance ticket for cultural show
- Second class train ticket from Kandy to Haputale
- Tea plantation trekking to Lipton seat
- Night walk in Wellawaya
- Total village experience on day 08
- Yala national park safari
- 1 local SIM card
- Airport drop off
- Fuel & local insurance for the vehicle
- All government taxes
- Air-tickets NOT included
- Sightseeing entrance charges (Unless Specified)
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Camera & video permits
- Guide/Driver tips
- Personal expenses
- Late check outs & early check in charges
- Anything NOT mentioned in INCLUSIONS
- The duration of transfers is approximate, travel durations listed in this itinerary are subjected to change, due to road & traffic & weather conditions. These suggested durations are estimated point to point without any stops.
- All hotels, rooms and tickets are subjected to availability, in case of unavailability we would book next best option for you. Please note that prices could be change occasionally.
- Cancellations made within 30 days from the scheduled start of a tour, 80% of total tour fee will be refunded.
- Cancellations 29-14 Days prior to the scheduled starting date: 50% of total tour fee will be refunded.
- Cancellations made with less than 14 days from the start of a tour – Zero refund.
- No Show – Zero refund.